Code of Conduct
In this Code of Conduct “Services” means the Book My Boat Website platform which links up Owners with boats to rent with Renters who wish to rent a boat, as well as any other related sites or services.
If you do not comply with Book My Boat’s Code of Conduct then Book My Boat my suspend or remove from access to its Services.
You agree that you will not:
- use the Services for any other purpose other than what it is intended for;
- as an Owner, create a Listing with incorrect or misleading price information, or a price that you do not intend to honour;
- in any way imply that Book My Boat endorses you, is a partner, or otherwise misleads others as to your affiliation with Book My Boat;
- infringe the rights of any person or entity, including but not limited to their intellectual property, privacy, or contractual rights;
- interfere with or damage our Services, including, but not limited to, the use of viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, D-O-S attacks, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing, misuse of electronic mail address information or similar methods or technology that may cause damage or interference;
- use our Services to transmit, distribute, post or submit any information concerning any other person or entity, including without limitation, photographs, audio or video of others without their permission, personal contact information or credit, debit, calling card or account numbers;
- use our Services in connection with the distribution of unsolicited commercial email (“spam”) or and content not directly related to the rental of boats;
- use manual or automated software, devices, scripts, robots, other means or processes to collect information, access, scrape, crawl or spider any web pages or other services contained in the Services or Content or otherwise interact with the Services.
- stalk or harass any other user of our Services or collect or store any personally identifiable information about any other user other than for purposes of transacting on the website
- offer, as an Owner, any Boats that you do not yourself own or have permission to rent
- offer, as an Owner, a vessel that does not maintain a valid ‘Certificate of Operations’ and Domestic Commercial Vessel registration
- register for a Book My Boat Account on behalf of an individual other than yourself;
- pretend to be a different person, or falsify or otherwise misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- contact an Owner or a renter for any purpose other than asking a question related to listing or booking of a Boat via the Book My Boat marketplace;
- copy, store or otherwise access any information contained on the Services or Content for purposes not expressly permitted by these Terms;
- when acting as a Renter or otherwise, recruit or otherwise solicit any Owner or other Member to join third party services or websites that are competitive to Book My Boat
- use the Services to find an Owner or Renter and then complete a booking outside of the Services to avoid the obligation to pay Service Fees related to Book My Boat’s provision of the Services;
- post, upload or publish any Content that, in Book My Boat’s sole judgment: violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil or criminal liability. Is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
- systematically retrieve data or other content from our Services to create or compile, directly or indirectly, in single or multiple downloads, a collection, compilation, database, directory or the like;
- use, display, mirror or frame the Services, or any individual element within the Services, Book My Boat’s name, any Book My Boat trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without Book My Boat’s express written consent;
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, Book My Boat’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Book My Boat’s providers;
- attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Book My Boat system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Book My Boat or any of Book My Boat’s providers or any other third party (including another Member) to protect the Services or website content;
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Services or website content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services or website content; or advocate, encourage, or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing.
Last updated April 2019