On Hire /Off Hire Procedure
The On Hire / Off Hire Procedure exists to assist Owners and Renters to follow a process that reduces the likelihood of misunderstandings and disputes surrounding the condition of a Boat upon the completion of a hire.
This procedure must be adhered to for Rentals facilitated by Book My Boat.
- Prior to the start of the Rental Period the Owner must give the Renter a pre-departure briefing which includes the following;
- Review of the Safety Management System and safety equipment
- Discussion about the boat rules and area of operation
- Explanation of how to operate the boat
- At the completion of the pre-departure briefing the Owner must complete the On-Hire checklist which includes:
- Documenting the boats condition prior to handover
- Recording the fuel level at handover
- Taking photos of the boat from multiple angles to prove its existing condition
- Taking a photo of the completed On Hire checklist that has been signed by both the Owner and Renter
- Emailing the photos of the On Hire Checklist and the boat to Support@bookmyboat.com.au and the Renter prior to handover.
- At the end of the rental, the Off Hire checklist must be completed which includes;
- A review of the boats condition
- Recording any damage that’s occurred during the rental period, excluding fair wear and tear.
- Recording the fuel level and either settling the fuel payment or noting it will be deducted from the Fuel and Security deposit in line with the Fees Policy
- The Owner emails a photo of the completed Off Hire report plus the photos of the boat upon completion of the rental period.
- If the boat has sustained damage;
- The Renter must complete a vessel incident report explaining the damage and how it occurred. The incident report must be emailed to Support@bookmyoat.com.au and the boat owner.
- The Owner must obtain quotes to rectify the damage and provide these with Book My Boat and the Renter. If the damage costs in excess of the $500 Security deposit the Owner might choose to lodge an insurance claim
If a dispute arises during this process Book My Boat will follow the Dispute Resolution Procedure.
Last Updated: 16th April 2019